As it turns out, I’ve been approaching life all wrong this entire time, and there is a vast amount of space for improvement. And I’d be willing to be that you have, too.
I’m talking about everyday things that many of us fail to realize, hacks so simple that you won’t be able to believe you didn’t think of them. Prepare to reevaluate everything you’ve ever known.
1. If you lay a wooden spoon over the top of a boiling pot, it keeps the water from bubbling over the side of the pot and making a big mess.
2. Put your straw through your soda can tab to keep it from floating up and away.
3. You’re supposed to use a flange plunger for your toilet and a cup plunger for your sink. Most of us simply use one for both – hopefully with a good wash in between.
4. If you make a few small cuts in an orange, it rolls out in a nice, orderly, non-sticky fashion.
5. You’re supposed to pull the sides of the juice box out so that your kids can hold onto them and keep the juice from spilling.
6. Use a paper clip to pop the reset button on the ink cartridge when the computer says you’re out of ink. It leaves with with a bit extra for emergency printing.
7. Keep your extension cords from coming undone with this handy trick.
8. You’re supposed to use the hole in the pot to handle to hold your spoon while cooking.
9. You probably haven’t noticed that there is a tab on the side of your aluminum foil to keep the foil in place while you unroll it.
10. You’re supposed to place the flag of toilet seat covers in the front, not in the back.
11. You’re supposed to turn your Chinese takeout container into a plate – but only if you’re sure you won’t have leftovers.
12. You’ve been going about cupcakes all wrong.
13. The long necks of beer bottles are meant to be used to hold onto them. That way you get a good grip on your beer and avoid heating it up with your hand.
14. Trying spreading the edges of your ketchup cups for easier access.
15. To easily dispense a Tic-Tac, simply flip the container on its side and open the tab. It’s designed to present you with one mint at a time.
16. Store peanut butter upside down so the oils distribute evenly.
17. When you use bobby pins, you’re supposed to put the curvy side against your hair.
18. No wonder they kept falling out this entire time.
19. If you’ve got a little bottle like this, you can easily hack pitting a cherry.
20. And finally, the best way to paint your nails…