If you are someone who is still out here believing in the tooth fairy, it is time to grow up and become your own tooth fairy. Our teeth require a great deal of attention if they are going to survive over the long haul. Let’s take a closer look at some of the best methods for reversing cavities and tooth decay that we can try out in the comfort of our own home.
1. Simple changes to our eating habits can go a long way towards reducing the amount of tooth decay and cavities that we experience. Removing sweetened beverages from our daily routine and adding calcium to our diet goes a long way in these instances.
2. Gum chewers are often doing the most possible damage to their teeth without even knowing it. By making the switch to sugarless gum, we are giving our teeth the best possible chance of avoiding tooth decay over the long haul.
3. We should never be allowing ourselves to use the same toothbrush for too long either. Since the bristles will definitely experience a natural deterioration over the course of time, it is recommended that we swap out the brush on a regular basis.
4. Establishing a daily dental care routine makes a world of difference. In addition to our usual tooth brushing routine, we must also make time to floss and use mouthwash. These practices will serve to bolster our long term oral health.
5. In order to further bolster our long term oral health, we must also head to the dentist for additional assistance. No matter how hard we try, there are going to be areas that are hard to reach and we must rely on professional assistance in order to clean them.
6. Making certain additions to our diet can also help immensely. For example, if we are not using supplements and vitamins as a means of boosting our oral health….we are depriving ourselves of any number of helpful benefits.
7. Coconut oil can have a very surprising effect on our level of oral health. Did you know that coconut oil is often used by those who wish to remove bacteria from inside of the mouth? Coconut oil also functions as a natural healing agent.
8. Making your own toothpaste at home is a commonly neglected method for improving oral health. All it takes is four tablespoons of calcium powder, a tablespoon of Stevia, a tablespoon of sea salt, two tablespoons of baking soda and a quarter cup of coconut oil. Make them all together into a paste and you are off and running!