We tend to see aspirin as one of the best solutions for a headache or pain, but did you know about all of its other awesome uses? From solving a number of household problems to bringing dead car batteries back to life, check out these 11 surprising uses for your old, expired aspirin.
1. Car dead? You may be able to restart it by dropping two aspirins into your car battery. The acetylsalicylic acid will mix with the sulfuric acid in the battery and give it that last charge it needs to get you to a service station.
2. Crush up an aspirin and mix it in the water of your vase before placing freshly cut flowers inside. This will make your flowers live longer.
3. Wish you could get rid of your acne? Crush up two aspirin and mix it in some lemon juice, rub it onto your acne-prone spots, then leave on for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
4. If your bathtub is filthy with soap scum and water stains, add five aspirin pills to your spray bottle cleanser and let them dissolve. Spray the solution on your tub, let it sit for 30 minutes, then wipe with a dry cloth.
5. Soothe bug bites by dissolving an aspirin in some water and rubbing the mixture onto the affected areas.
6. Remove sweat stains by dissolving an aspirin in warm water and pouring it over the stained areas of your clothing. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then wash your clothes as normal.
7. Blotchy face? Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 3 tablespoons of yogurt, and 7 crushed aspirin pills, then apply the mixture to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes. You’ll love how smooth and even-toned your face will look afterward.
8. Remove calluses easily by crushing up aspirin and mixing it with a tablespoon of lemon juice until it forms a paste. Place the mixture on your calluses and wrap the area with some plastic wrap, then let it sit for a while before you wash it off. Use a toothpick to scrub the area until it disappears.
9. Can’t get rid of that annoying dandruff? Mix two aspirin with your regular dandruff shampoo and use it regularly until it goes away for good.
10. Hair turn green after being exposed to chlorine? Dissolve eight tablets in warm water and massage it into your hair, then let it sit for 15 minutes before you rinse it out. Green be gone!
11. Cleanse your pores and remove dead skin cells with a homemade aspirin mask. Mix an aspirin with warm water and put the mixture on your face, then let it sit for a while before washing it off.
I can’t wait to put my bottle of aspirin to use! Which of these cool hacks will you try first?