Here’s Why You Should Never Use Hair Dye On Your Dog


Getting a dog can be a lot of fun for a lot of reasons. For starters, there are a wide range of owners who like to dress up their pets in different outfits. However, pet parents who have gotten used to the idea of dying their animal’s hair should definitely read on to learn more. Using hair dye on our pets can cause a wide range of short and long term difficulties.

Pinellas County Animal Services recently posted about this growing issue on Facebook. A little Maltese by the name of Violet had experienced all of the negative side effects that are usually associated with hair dye. Without the assistance of the animal services workers, Violet was not going to be very long for this world at all.

This story was shared on the animal services’ Facebook page in hopes of raising awareness about the dangers associated with using hair dye on innocent pets. The poor pup’s eyes had swollen shut by the time she was placed in their care. Her skin was burned because of the prolonged exposure to the dye. She was given the necessary medication and wrapped up in many bandages.


The dog made it through the night but this was just the beginning of her long and hard road. It took the animal a whopping three months to recover from the injuries that she sustained as the result of human carelessness. The photos that were shared of the dog drove home the point. We would like to warn our readers about the graphic nature of some of these photos.

We are more than happy to report that Violet has been given the chance to head home. She is completing the remainder of her recovery with her new owner. If there is one crucial takeaway that audiences should be bearing in mind after reading this story, it is a simple one. We should not ever be using hair dye of any kind on our animals for any reason.

There is no reason why we need to use hair dye on our dogs and it does not matter how clever of an idea you may think that you have. Our pets deserve to be protected from avoidable pain and suffering by their owners. Let’s all do our part to make sure that our pets are able to avoid the agony associated with hair dye burns. Please be sure to pass this story along to raise awareness among pet owners.

 



log in

Become a part of our community!

reset password

Back to
log in