If I asked you to list all the uses for toothpaste, chances are you’d only say one thing: brushing teeth. But you’d probably be surprised to hear that it can do so much more than that. From drying out zits to fixing scratched CDs, here are 20 ways you can use toothpaste to make your life a little easier.
1. Remove ink stains by rubbing toothpaste onto the stain, letting it dry, and throwing it in the washer the next day.
2. Keep those car headlights shiny and clear by cleaning them with toothpaste.
3. Polish your silver by rubbing toothpaste on it with a soft cloth.
4. Rub a thin layer of toothpaste over the lens of your swimming goggles to clear that fogginess right up!
5. Toothpaste can lift stubborn water spots out of wooden tables.
6. Make your shoes look brand new by scrubbing the dirt off with toothpaste.
7. Smudge away the dirt and grime from your piano keys with — you guessed it — a bit of toothpaste.
8. Dry out your pimples by dabbing toothpaste on them, then letting it dry on your face overnight.
9. Rub some toothpaste on those itchy mosquito bites and experience instant relief.
10. Spill dye on your clothes? No problem. Just rub toothpaste on the stain, let it dry, then wash the item.
11. Don’t have nail polish remover? Toothpaste acts as a surprisingly effective alternative.
12. Use a little toothpaste to make your phone shiny and germ-free!
13. Get the residue off your iron by rubbing toothpaste along the surface (make sure the iron is turned off and cool, first) and wiping it off.
14. Make those stinky shoes smell fresh by rubbing toothpaste along the soles.
15. Want to hang some posters but are afraid of damaging your walls? Use toothpaste! It acts as an adhesive but won’t damage your walls when you remove it.
16. As is the case with stains on clothes, toothpaste can remove even the toughest of stains from your carpet.
17. You can even use toothpaste to wash your hands. It can remove more dirt and grime than your standard hand soap.
18. Rub some toothpaste on the surface of your scratched CD and it will play perfectly.
19. Add some toothpaste to your coffee thermos, fill it with water, then shake it and wash as normal and your thermos will be sparkly clean.
20. Buff out those scratches on your car with a soft cloth and toothpaste.
Who knew toothpaste was so versatile? Which of these awesome hacks will you try first?